Sunday, June 21, 2009


Welcome Back parties are always fun. Four years ago I went to a farewell party for a special couple, Sid and KT, who were moving to Hawaii. Yesterday there was an even larger party to welcome them back to Kissimmee. It was good to see them and other friends from the airport that I hadn't seen in awhile. Lots of food and drinks and good conversation. The party was held at Warbird Adventures at the Kissimmee airport. If you have ever wanted to fly a warbird and do aerobatics, this is the place to do it. Two of my sons have been up and even though I haven't done the rolls and spins, I did get to ride in one of the T'6's when we went up to scatter my late husband's ashes.
I'll write more about Sid and KT one day. They have led interesting lives and worked with Mel Fisher to find and salvage the Atocha and her sister ship the Margarita.

3 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello sweetie Karen! Very cool and interesting post! I didn't realize that you would pilot those "toys"as well!
Beautiful story !
Have a nice Sunday!
Léia

purrs and love Luna(from Brazil)

Lowell said...

Very nice post, Karen...I'll pass on the loops and rolls, too...but it's nice to got to get together with old friends...

I'll bet they have some stories to tell about their Mel Fisher adventures!

Karen said...

Leia, I can't pilot the one in the photo. I wish. I did take flying lessons but in a small cessna and it's been so long, that I'd need to take some lessons again before going up on my own. It's been awhile since I've flown in any of them, too. I do miss it.

Jacob, I thought I wanted to do the loops and rolls, but then chickened out. I still think I need to do it just because it annoys me to let fear stop me. Yes they do have some great stories.